If there is one thing to know about me, it is that autumn is my favorite time of year. Pumpkin decorations and treats, riding boots, crisp morning air, changing of the leaves – I have always felt that fall offers a fresh start, a new beginning. And, this year I hope to make it the very best yet!
While I realize that autumn hasn’t officially arrived yet, but I couldn’t help but share this fall bucket list for Southern Belles! Stay tuned for The Glitter Guide’s seasonal bucket list that I love to share each time is comes out! Until then, I hope you’ll join me in checking off all the things to love about this time of year.
I loved the Glitter Guide’s Spring to-do list so much that I was thrilled when they share their Summer to-do list! While I realize we are just about a month into Summer (Yikes!) I thought it was better late than never to share. This bucket list is short and sweet so there is plenty of time to check these ultra fun activities off before the autumn weather arrives! Have a ball with the Glitter Guide’s list and enjoy!
By now you should know that I adore hosting parties, but I also really love attending them too! When I am invited to a friendly gathering whether it’s a bridesmaid’s luncheon or weekly wine night, I always try to bring a gift for the hostess. Over the past few years I’ve selected five go-to gifts that are perfect for all of those occasions, even if they are last minute! Hopefully, you’ll be able to find these items at your disposal when gearing up to attend your next party.
- Wine. Without a doubt, wine is the easiest hostess gift you could possibly purchase. Don’t be cheap, but don’t over do it either. Go with what would be considered a house red or white, IF you don’t know their personal preference. Put it in a cutesy bag and you’re ready to go!
- Candles. Not too sweet or not too strong, candles rank among the top of my hostess gift selection. Purchase a staple candle that would go great in their kitchen or living space. If you aren’t sure that they may have an allergy to certain scents, select a candle that’s has elegant detail and is scent free.
- Coasters. Paper coasters are super cute and typically not too pricey. If you have the time to spare, head over to Etsy and place your order (personal favorite – Haute Paper Collections). No time at all? Of course try to shop locally, but if that isn’t possible over night these adorable Kate Spade Glitter Coasters.
- Tea Towels. The darling tea towels of today are not something you’d find at your grandmother’s house. Printed with quotes/sayings of anything from racy and humorous to sweet and uplifting, you cannot have enough of these gems. Per usual, Etsy always has a great selection and a few of my favorites has to be “I Love You a Bushel and a Peck,” the Crab and Sand Dollar tea towel, and the “Here in the South” tea towel.
- Flowers. My last hostess go-to is and always will be flowers. Who doesn’t love a fresh bouquet of seasonal floral, even if they are from Kroger?! While I know you can be a little more creative then flowers, this is perfect for the last minute invite or if you don’t know the hostess that well.
I hope this sweet and simple go-to list gives you inspiration and ideas for the next party you attend! Just remember that when in doubt, always bright a little something rather then showing up empty handed!
As I am sure you are well aware of, yesterday was the first day of Spring – Hooray! In light of this joyous occasion I couldn’t help but share The Glitter Guide’s Spring To-Do List. I stumbled upon this yesterday when I was trying to find a little Spring inspiration for myself and I couldn’t wait to share this treasure with you.
While “sparkle every day” and “plan a picnic with girlfriends” are probably two of my favorite “to do’s” on Glitter Guide’s list, I absolutely plan to do all of these wonderful suggestions!
I sincerely hope that you’ll join me!
Other than Pinterest and J. Crew there truly isn’t a website that I regularly visit, until now! I have recently discovered The Glitter Guide and I couldn’t be more in love, which is exactly why it is a fab find!
Their Mission: “The Glitter Guide promises to provide you with glitz and glamour. Our newsletter offers fun, chic, and colorful lifestyle tidbits from fashion to fitness; each injected with a healthy dose of glitter.”
Say no more right?! From recipes and trends to fitness and beauty I have peeled this website down to the very bottom and everything is beyond useful, informative and inspiring! You must sign up for their newsletter and follow them on Pinterest!
Trust me, whether your a Southern Belle or Northern Beauty you will find The Glitter Guide as amazing as a I do!