By now you should know that I adore hosting parties, but I also really love attending them too! When I am invited to a friendly gathering whether it’s a bridesmaid’s luncheon or weekly wine night, I always try to bring a gift for the hostess. Over the past few years I’ve selected five go-to gifts that are perfect for all of those occasions, even if they are last minute! Hopefully, you’ll be able to find these items at your disposal when gearing up to attend your next party.
- Wine. Without a doubt, wine is the easiest hostess gift you could possibly purchase. Don’t be cheap, but don’t over do it either. Go with what would be considered a house red or white, IF you don’t know their personal preference. Put it in a cutesy bag and you’re ready to go!
- Candles. Not too sweet or not too strong, candles rank among the top of my hostess gift selection. Purchase a staple candle that would go great in their kitchen or living space. If you aren’t sure that they may have an allergy to certain scents, select a candle that’s has elegant detail and is scent free.
- Coasters. Paper coasters are super cute and typically not too pricey. If you have the time to spare, head over to Etsy and place your order (personal favorite – Haute Paper Collections). No time at all? Of course try to shop locally, but if that isn’t possible over night these adorable Kate Spade Glitter Coasters.
- Tea Towels. The darling tea towels of today are not something you’d find at your grandmother’s house. Printed with quotes/sayings of anything from racy and humorous to sweet and uplifting, you cannot have enough of these gems. Per usual, Etsy always has a great selection and a few of my favorites has to be “I Love You a Bushel and a Peck,” the Crab and Sand Dollar tea towel, and the “Here in the South” tea towel.
- Flowers. My last hostess go-to is and always will be flowers. Who doesn’t love a fresh bouquet of seasonal floral, even if they are from Kroger?! While I know you can be a little more creative then flowers, this is perfect for the last minute invite or if you don’t know the hostess that well.
I hope this sweet and simple go-to list gives you inspiration and ideas for the next party you attend! Just remember that when in doubt, always bright a little something rather then showing up empty handed!